Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
April 20, 2019
Mulayam Singh Yadav, founder of Samajwadi Party and Mayawati, President of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) came together after more than a decade to share the stage during an election rally at Mainpur in Uttar Pradesh. Yadav and Mayawati were political rivals for a long time in the state. They have finally come together against Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his party BJP.
Yadav told the crowd that he and Mayawati and himself are in the same dais after a long time. Meanwhile, Mayawati praised Yadav by saying that he is not a backward leader unlike Narendra Modi. In fact, Yadav asked his supporters who at the rally to touch the feet of Mayawati to seek her blessings.
As they say politics is a game of all possibilities. Who would have thought in 1995 that Mayawati and Mulayam Singh Yadav would share the dias in 2019, and Maya would seek votes for Mulayam-Vijai Laxmi Sharma, Journalist
After a tiff in the year 1995, Yadav and Mayawati were not in good terms until Yadav’s son Akhilesh Yadav took over the party recently. Ever since then, the Yadav family has been having a cordial relation with BSP and Mayawati. Even though Yadav criticised his son openly for joining hands with Mayawati, it looks like he is a happy man for the tie-up between the two parties.
“Surreal that Mulayam Singh Yadav & Mayawati share a stage. Maya had vowed not to see his face post the guest house attack, tweeted Journalist Swati Chaturvedi.
“Politics is the art of the possible. #MulayamSinghYadav welcomes @Mayawati to #Mainpuri & says he is happy to be sharing the stage w/ her. #Mayawati asks a cheering crowd to vote for Mulayam in large numbers. This, 24 years after the Guest House scandal, tweeted Journalist Maha Siddiqui.
Watch in Sign Language
- 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
July 19, 2019
- Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
July 18, 2019
- Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
July 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Events July 18, 2019 Exclusive Job Fair For Differently Abled
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Rohit Sharma to lead India for West Indies series
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
- Events July 18, 2019 Inclusive Art : Shifting From Neurotypical Frameworks
- Events July 18, 2019 3rd National wheelchair Rugby Championship 2019
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News