Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
April 21, 2019
Cricketers Rahul Pandya and KL Rahul was recently in the spotlight for their sexist comments on a TV show. Now Board of Cricket Control of India (BCCI) has fined them Rs 20 lakhs each for the comments. BCCI Ombudsman DK Jain mentioned also stated in their website that they will not take any further action once the cricketers pay the fine.
#SupremeCourt -appointed Ombudsman Justice DK Jain decide: Cricketers KL Rahul & Hardik Pandya to pay Rs 1 lakh each to 10 widows of martyred constables of para-military forces, & Rs 10 lakhs to #Cricket Assocn for Blind for their inappropriate comments on Koffee with Karan-Utkarsh Anand, Twitter User
The payments will have to be made within four weeks time. Rs 10 lakh each will have to be deposited in the fund that has been created for the Cricket Association for the Blind. Rs 1 lakh each has to be given to deserving widows of para military forces who lost their husbands while on duty.
The comments made by Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul on the show ‘Koffee with Karan’ had triggered widespread agitation across the country. Later, both the players were suspended by BCCI and later taken back to the team.
“BCCI Ombudsman-If the amounts are not deposited by KL Rahul & Hardik Pandya within the time granted, BCCI may deduct the amounts from the match fees payable to them, tweeted Aditya Lok Pathak.
Watch in Sign Language
- 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
July 19, 2019
- Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
July 18, 2019
- Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
July 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Noted Paralympian Deepa Malik aims to set a record in sea swimming
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Kangana accuses media of defamation
- Education July 17, 2019 Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Events July 18, 2019 Josh Run
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Saswati Singh's efforts to empower people with disabilities takes off as Nav Prerna Foundation
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News