Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
April 21, 2019
Cricketers Rahul Pandya and KL Rahul was recently in the spotlight for their sexist comments on a TV show. Now Board of Cricket Control of India (BCCI) has fined them Rs 20 lakhs each for the comments. BCCI Ombudsman DK Jain mentioned also stated in their website that they will not take any further action once the cricketers pay the fine.
#SupremeCourt -appointed Ombudsman Justice DK Jain decide: Cricketers KL Rahul & Hardik Pandya to pay Rs 1 lakh each to 10 widows of martyred constables of para-military forces, & Rs 10 lakhs to #Cricket Assocn for Blind for their inappropriate comments on Koffee with Karan-Utkarsh Anand, Twitter User
The payments will have to be made within four weeks time. Rs 10 lakh each will have to be deposited in the fund that has been created for the Cricket Association for the Blind. Rs 1 lakh each has to be given to deserving widows of para military forces who lost their husbands while on duty.
The comments made by Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul on the show ‘Koffee with Karan’ had triggered widespread agitation across the country. Later, both the players were suspended by BCCI and later taken back to the team.
“BCCI Ombudsman-If the amounts are not deposited by KL Rahul & Hardik Pandya within the time granted, BCCI may deduct the amounts from the match fees payable to them”, tweeted Aditya Lok Pathak.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Violence in West Bengal over vandalising of iconic statue
- Events May 15, 2019 TCS 10k Run with Smileys & Run with Visually Impaired
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 #TechThursdays - Remote-controlled toilet bed is a life saver for people bedridden due to disability
- Get-hooked May 16, 2019 #BeingMom - What makes Nalini Srivastava such a power mom?
- Get-hooked May 13, 2019 Find out how Anjan breathes life into his paintings & caricatures
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News