Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
April 22, 2019
Recently, BJP’s Pragya Thakur sparked controversy by targeting a police officer who was martyred in the 26/11 terrorist attack. Thakur, who was criticizing police officer Hemant Karkare said that she had placed a curse on him and that is the reason he was killed by terrorists in the attack. She even supported the demolition of Babri Masjid and said that India must be proud that it happened. Soon after, a Delhi court sent her a notice for the comment and said that criticizing Karkare was atrocious.
Will @BJP4India drop Pragya Thakur as its candidate from Bhopal after her disgraceful insult of Hemant Karkare, the man who died during the night of 26-11?She cursed him. Her family. And BJP leaders next to her clapped-Abhisar Sharma, author
Thakur, who is contesting for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections from Bhopal, made her comments on a TV show. Thakur is also currently undergoing trial for being the prime accused in the Malegaon blast case in the year 2008. Karkare, who was part of the investigation team, had questioned Thakur during that time. She said that Karkare had physically assaulted her and that is when she placed her curse upon him. Her statements have sparked widespread controversy.
Rohini Salian, who was the former public prosecutor in the case, said there is proof that Thakur did not undergo any harassment while facing the trial.
“Pragya Thakur humiliates 26/11 hero and martyr Hemant Karkare. Guess who is Anti National, tweeted Journalist Barkha Dutt.
“I strongly condemn BJP candidate Pragya Thakur’s statement on 26/11 martyr Hemant Karkare. It only exposes BJP’s scant respect for our brave martyrs, tweeted politician Priya Dutt.
Watch in Sign Language
- 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
July 19, 2019
- Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
July 18, 2019
- Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
July 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
- Education July 17, 2019 Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Super 30’ hits theatres
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News