Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
April 23, 2019
Mahendra Singh Dhoni produced one of the most stunning batting performances ever seen in the history of the Indian Premier League (IPL) when he single-handedly took his team to the point of victory in the match between Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RRCB) and Chennai Super Kings (CSK) on Monday night.
Dhoni registered his highest-ever IPL score and became the first Indian to hit 200 sixes in the tournament. Dhoni also nearly pulled off Chennai's chase of 161 as he smashed five fours and seven sixes in 48 balls. His team, however, finally lost the match by one run.
Reacting to the innings, VIrat Kohli, captain, RCB, said Dhoni gave his team a massive scare.
A whole lot of emotion. We were outstanding with the ball until the 19th over mark. Defending 160 on that sort of pitch and the amount of dew we had was an outstanding effort. On the last ball, that was the last thing I would've expected to happen. Feels good to win a game by a small margin. We've lost a couple by small margins. MS did what he does best and he gave us all a massive scare. - Virat Kohli, Captain, Royal Challengers Bengaluru
Dhoni is now only the third player in IPL history to reach the landmark of 200 sixes. Chris Gayle is at number one with 323 and AB de Villiers is second with 204 sixes.
Rohit Sharma and Suresh Raina are next best from India. Both have 190 sixes each to their credit.
Dhoni, who was out of a few games because of a back injury, came back with style in this match. He is the leading run-scorer in the ongoing IPL 2019 with 230 runs from eight matches including two fifties.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events May 14, 2019 Workshop: Enhancing Outcomes in Inclusive Education for Special Educational Needs
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 Game changing innovations that enable inclusion - Global Accessibility Awareness Day special
- Get-hooked May 12, 2019 Growing outrage over clean chit given to Chief Justice in case of sexual harassment of hearing impaired woman
- Headlines May 15, 2019 Re-polling ordered for Faridabad constituency
- Technology May 13, 2019 Google’s new project to use artificial intelligence to accommodate speech impairments
- Events May 15, 2019 Interpreting & Using Children’s Drawings as Tools for Diagnosis
- Headlines May 15, 2019 No chance of a Third Front says DMK leader Stalin
- Technology May 15, 2019 Reserve Bank of India suggests app to help visually impaired people identify rupee notes
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Saurav Ganguly says Pakistan is a World Cup favourite
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News