Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
April 23, 2019
Mahendra Singh Dhoni produced one of the most stunning batting performances ever seen in the history of the Indian Premier League (IPL) when he single-handedly took his team to the point of victory in the match between Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RRCB) and Chennai Super Kings (CSK) on Monday night.
Dhoni registered his highest-ever IPL score and became the first Indian to hit 200 sixes in the tournament. Dhoni also nearly pulled off Chennai's chase of 161 as he smashed five fours and seven sixes in 48 balls. His team, however, finally lost the match by one run.
Reacting to the innings, VIrat Kohli, captain, RCB, said Dhoni gave his team a massive scare.
A whole lot of emotion. We were outstanding with the ball until the 19th over mark. Defending 160 on that sort of pitch and the amount of dew we had was an outstanding effort. On the last ball, that was the last thing I would've expected to happen. Feels good to win a game by a small margin. We've lost a couple by small margins. MS did what he does best and he gave us all a massive scare. - Virat Kohli, Captain, Royal Challengers Bengaluru
Dhoni is now only the third player in IPL history to reach the landmark of 200 sixes. Chris Gayle is at number one with 323 and AB de Villiers is second with 204 sixes.
Rohit Sharma and Suresh Raina are next best from India. Both have 190 sixes each to their credit.
Dhoni, who was out of a few games because of a back injury, came back with style in this match. He is the leading run-scorer in the ongoing IPL 2019 with 230 runs from eight matches including two fifties.
Watch in Sign Language
- 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
July 19, 2019
- Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
July 18, 2019
- Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
July 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Headlines July 14, 2019 6 dead, lakhs homeless in Assam floods
- Events July 18, 2019 Exclusive Job Fair For Differently Abled
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events July 16, 2019 Living Well with Epilepsy: An Interactive Session
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News