Hi Bhavna, my daughter is now 2.5 years old but she's not walking. Please help me.
April 24, 2019
Answer: Thanks for writing to us. You need to take your daughter to a GP and get the child assessed so any hidden medical issues can be ruled out. Chances are she is fine and will do it in her own time but its essential you get her checked.
The doctor will do a medical examination, which will include a check up of her reflexes, posture, and muscle tone. The doctor will also check other developmental issues including language, fine motor, and social skills.
The doctor may also conduct a neurological exam and if required refer her to a pediatric neurologist or a developmental pediatrician. If a cause is identified, then the doctor will make sure your child gets the proper care that will help improve her strength and flexibility.
Watch in Sign Language
- Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
May 17, 2019
- Game changing innovations that enable inclusion - Global Accessibility Awareness Day special
May 16, 2019
- #TechThursdays - Remote-controlled toilet bed is a life saver for people bedridden due to disability
May 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Headlines May 15, 2019 Re-polling ordered for Faridabad constituency
- Events May 15, 2019 Movie Screening on Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events May 15, 2019 Volunteer to make GiftAbled Colourful
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Technology May 15, 2019 Reserve Bank of India suggests app to help visually impaired people identify rupee notes
- Accessibility May 13, 2019 Inclusive education should go beyond words - Guest Column by Sharada Devi V
- Accessibility May 13, 2019 Do more than reserve coaches, disabled community tell Indian Railways
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Ask-bhavna February 27, 2019
I have a 13-year-old daughter who is physically disabled. She finds it hard to make friends and suffers from low self-esteem. She hates going to school as she feels that her classmates make fun of her. She has become quiet even at home and does not engage with any of the family members. Please help
Newz Hook - Accessible News