Hi Bhavna, my daughter is now 2.5 years old but she's not walking. Please help me.
April 24, 2019
Answer: Thanks for writing to us. You need to take your daughter to a GP and get the child assessed so any hidden medical issues can be ruled out. Chances are she is fine and will do it in her own time but its essential you get her checked.
The doctor will do a medical examination, which will include a check up of her reflexes, posture, and muscle tone. The doctor will also check other developmental issues including language, fine motor, and social skills.
The doctor may also conduct a neurological exam and if required refer her to a pediatric neurologist or a developmental pediatrician. If a cause is identified, then the doctor will make sure your child gets the proper care that will help improve her strength and flexibility.
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
- Technology July 12, 2019 Excessive TV watching could trigger symptoms of ADHD in kids, says study
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Education July 15, 2019 Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
- Headlines July 11, 2019 India lose semi-final to New Zealand
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Headlines July 11, 2019 Kangana faces boycott threat from media
- Events July 11, 2019 South Zone Regional Abilympics
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Kangana accuses media of defamation
- Get-hooked July 9, 2019 Early detection, diagnosis of paediatric cataracts vital to prevent vision loss
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News