Hi Bhavna. I have a friend who is visually challenged. He is an engineer and lost his eyesight in an accident. He is desperately looking for a job, but not finding one. Can you suggest a resource?
May 1, 2019
Answer : Hello. I am sorry to hear about your friend. There are some resources where he should be able to get the appropriate advice and help. One well-known resource is which works towards enabling persons with blindness and visual impairment to become independent and economically self-reliant.
They can be reached at 1800 53 20469 from from Monday to Friday between 10 am and 5 pm. Their website is http://www.eyeway.org/.
Another well known organisation is Enable India which also works to empower people with disabilities in the space of education, skilling and employment. Their website is http://www.enableindia.org/.
All the best to him.
Watch in Sign Language
- Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
May 17, 2019
- Game changing innovations that enable inclusion - Global Accessibility Awareness Day special
May 16, 2019
- #TechThursdays - Remote-controlled toilet bed is a life saver for people bedridden due to disability
May 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Saurav Ganguly says Pakistan is a World Cup favourite
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
- Events May 14, 2019 Workshop: Enhancing Outcomes in Inclusive Education for Special Educational Needs
- Events May 15, 2019 Volunteer to make GiftAbled Colourful
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Parenting Corner - Feeling Guilty
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Accessibility May 14, 2019 Beyond Braille series brings to blind children a new visual language
- Get-hooked May 14, 2019 #BeingMom – Celebrating my mother, Mrs Krishna Kumari – My Take by Aparna Murthy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News