Hi Bhavna. I have a friend who is visually challenged. He is an engineer and lost his eyesight in an accident. He is desperately looking for a job, but not finding one. Can you suggest a resource?
May 1, 2019
Answer : Hello. I am sorry to hear about your friend. There are some resources where he should be able to get the appropriate advice and help. One well-known resource is which works towards enabling persons with blindness and visual impairment to become independent and economically self-reliant.
They can be reached at 1800 53 20469 from from Monday to Friday between 10 am and 5 pm. Their website is http://www.eyeway.org/.
Another well known organisation is Enable India which also works to empower people with disabilities in the space of education, skilling and employment. Their website is http://www.enableindia.org/.
All the best to him.
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 Rising Flame launches leadership programme for women with disabilities
- Events July 11, 2019 Ensuring Safety of Children with Disability
- Get-hooked July 10, 2019 Spirited & strong minded, Preetha Thonnakkal lives life to the fullest
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Headlines July 11, 2019 Kangana faces boycott threat from media
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Headlines July 9, 2019 India vs New Zealand semifinal match today
- Events July 11, 2019 State Level Conference
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Ask-bhavna May 29, 2019
Hi Bhavna, I am 40 years old and have spina bifida from birth. My lower body is affected. I found out about wheelchair cricket from YouTube and am excited that this is played in India. I want to play too. I have an athletic build and have been playing cricket for 20 years with friends. Can you help me with some contacts? Thanks. Amar Krishna.
Newz Hook - Accessible News