Court seeks probe into sexual harassment charges against Chief Justice
April 25, 2019
Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi was recently accused of sexual harassment by a staff who works in the Supreme Court. Lawyer Utsav Bains came forward and said that a top corporate had approached him with Rs 1.5 crore to malign the name of Gogoi. The Supreme Court consulted heads of the Central Bureau of Intelligence (CBI), Intelligence Bureau (IB) and Delhi police to investigate the case further.
In-house inquiry panel constituted to examine sexual harassment charges against #CJI #RanjanGogoi. Next #CJI SA Bobde to head the panel. Justices NV Ramana & Indira Banerjee to be other two members of the panel. #CJI left it to the next in line to decide on the committee-Utkarsh Anand, Twitter User
Bains has already submitted proof of his claims of CCTV footage at the court. He also added that he has faith only in a judicial enquiry because all other forms of investigation can be manipulative. The court had asked Bains to give a detailed explanation of what he knows about the case and has also ordered for police protection for Bains who has already revealed names of top people in connection to the case.
Reportedly, the woman who made the claim against Gogoi has criminal cases charged against her before. Meanwhile, Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi has denied all the allegations against him.
"Not sure what grave allegations of sexual misconduct against Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi have to do with the independence of judiciary. His self victimising response insinuating that it's political vendetta doesn't really make sense, tweeted Mehbooba Mufti, Former Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 21, 2019 Vadhu Var Melawa
- Technology August 22, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Prashant Gade wins Universal Design Award 2019 for Inali Arm
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Events August 22, 2019 Ganesha Making Workshop
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Get-Hooked August 21, 2019 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News