Chief Justice gets clean chit in sexual harassment case
May 8, 2019
Recently, Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi was accused of sexual harassment by a woman who was working in the Supreme Court of India. A case was also filed against Gogoi who claimed that he was being framed. On Monday, the three member committee that was formed to investigate the case cleared Gogoi of all the charges and confirmed that he is not guilty. The committee submitted the report on 5 May to which the public will have no access.
Supreme Court of India In-House Committee gives clean chit to Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi in the sexual harassment allegations. Committee says, it has found no substance in the allegations of former employee of the SC. Report not liable to be made public. -Aditya Raj Kaul, Journalist
The case was filed on 19 April by a junior assistant of the court. She had sent a complaint to 22 other judges in the court explaining that she was sexually harassed by Gogoi. But the 35 year old woman withdrew from the case recently saying that she knew that she will not get justice. The committee was expected to adhere to the Vishakha guidelines in such a case where the panel must have a women majority and a woman from outside to ensure transparency. But nothing was prevalent.
The woman said in a statement that she is extremely disappointed and dejected with the verdict. Now, she is scared that she along with her family is going to be framed.
“BREAKING: CJI Ranjan Gogoi gets clean chit in sexual harassment case | @MyNation Sinister tactics by ‘ecosystem’ to discredit our judicial system, tweeted journalist Abhijit Majumder
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Events July 11, 2019 State Level Conference
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Education July 17, 2019 Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News