Sales course aims to enable people with physical disabilities for the retail market
May 10, 2019
Training and equipping people with disabilities for the workplace is something that is increasingly under focus thanks to various initiatives in the government and private sectors. In important news, the Skill Development and Vocational Training Institute of India (SDVTII) has partnered with Bharat Vikash Parishad for a course in retail sales. The course is free of cost and is for people with physical disabilities.
This is the first time that the SDVTII is doing so. The course will offer hands on knowledge about various aspects of retails sales and open job opportunities for participants. There will also be training in aspects of personality development and communication skills.
We hope to bring about a positive change in the lives of people with physical disabilities by providing them with useful skills. The trainees will also be given training to gain self-confidence and realize their potentials. The participants will be able to get jobs and lead a better life. - Neha Vithlani, Counsellor, Skill Development and Vocational Training Institute of India
The course is for physically disabled candidates in the age group of 18-45 years. Participants will receive training for an hour every day for a month. Upon completion, they will be given certificates by the Maharashtra Business Training Board.
The training batch will consist of 30 participants and the training will be held in Malad West in Mumbai. Trainers will coach participants about basic requirements for jobs in the retail sales sector.
Virendra Shekhawat, a trainer, believes the course will give people with disabilities an edge when they go into the job market. "I am really glad to be a part of this effort to provide skill training to people with disabilities. Without this, it is very challenging for disabled people to get jobs. We hope to make a positive difference in their lives. It is a great opportunity for disabled people to learn and get jobs to become independent.
The following documents will need to be submitted by candidates to be a part of the program.
- Aadhar Card Copy
- 2 Passport Size photo
- Ration Card Copy (if available)
- Electricity Bill Copy
- Disability Certificate
Interested candidates can get more details by contacting - 022-28834034 and 8369195916.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 North East Disability Summit
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Super 30’ hits theatres
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 Rising Flame launches leadership programme for women with disabilities
- Get-hooked July 10, 2019 Twitter hashtag sets off important conversation about worst disability "compliments"
- Accessibility July 12, 2019 Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
- Headlines July 12, 2019 India celebrates with Dutee Chand
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Events July 11, 2019 Ask Me Anything
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News