Hello Bhavna. My name is Syed Reyaz and I am working in the Fire & Emergency Department in Jammu and Kashmir. I am a fireman and I fell from the ladder on duty while firefighting. I have suffered a spinal cord injury but my department cannot help me. I don’t have Mediclaim either. What can I do?
May 15, 2019
Hello Syed. Thank you for writing to Newz Hook. We are sorry to hear about the fall and the injury you have suffered.
You can contact the NGO Nina Foundation, which is reaching out to people with spinal cord injuries across India. This is the link to their website - http://www.ninafoundation.org/. You can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Another NGO that offers support is ESCIP (Empowering Spinal Cord Injuries) India. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Their website link is https://www.escip.org/contact. All the best to you.
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 11, 2019 India lose semi-final to New Zealand
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Events July 11, 2019 Ask Me Anything
- Accessibility July 10, 2019 Goa gets it's 1st restaurant with hydraulic lift for wheelchair users
- Get-hooked July 10, 2019 Twitter hashtag sets off important conversation about worst disability "compliments"
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Headlines July 10, 2019 Dhoni is 2nd Indian cricketer to play 350 ODIs
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Kangana accuses media of defamation
- Events July 11, 2019 Gala Dance Party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News