Hello Bhavna. My name is Syed Reyaz and I am working in the Fire & Emergency Department in Jammu and Kashmir. I am a fireman and I fell from the ladder on duty while firefighting. I have suffered a spinal cord injury but my department cannot help me. I don’t have Mediclaim either. What can I do?
May 15, 2019
Hello Syed. Thank you for writing to Newz Hook. We are sorry to hear about the fall and the injury you have suffered.
You can contact the NGO Nina Foundation, which is reaching out to people with spinal cord injuries across India. This is the link to their website - http://www.ninafoundation.org/. You can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Another NGO that offers support is ESCIP (Empowering Spinal Cord Injuries) India. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Their website link is https://www.escip.org/contact. All the best to you.
Watch in Sign Language
- Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
May 23, 2019
- Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
May 22, 2019
- Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
May 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Pakistani air space to remain shut for Indian flights till 30 May
- Headlines May 19, 2019 PM Modi responds to title of 'Divider in Chief'
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Vivek Oberoi deletes offensive tweet about Aishwarya, apologises
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Parenting Corner - Feeling Guilty
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News