BJP candidate Gautam Gambhir threatens to sue Kejriwal
May 11, 2019
Gautam Gambhir, the cricketer-turned-politician and BJP's East Delhi candidate in the general elections, has said that he will sue Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, his deputy Manish Sisodia and the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)'s candidate Atishi Marlena.
This is after the AAP accused Gambhir of circulating abusive and offensive pamphlets on her. He has sent a defamation notice to the AAP leaders demanding their apology. Gambhir has said that they should take back their "false statements" and has threatened to file a case of defamation against them if they don't. Speaking to a news channel he said,
If you're truthful, you can always take the legal route. If they have any proof against me, they can file a case against me. I will answer in court. Gautam Gambhir, Cricketer-turned-BJP leader
On Thursday, Atishi Marlena broke down at a press conference called by the AAP, where leaders displayed a pamphlet full of religious and sexist attacks on her. "If Gambhir can stoop so low to defeat a strong woman like me, how can he ensure security for women as an MP?" she asked.
Gambhir has strongly denying the charges and said that he would quit politics if AAP proved its charges. He asked Kejriwal, "If you don't have any proof, will you retire from politics?". Gambhir also denied that he accused the AAP of circulating the pamphlets.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia tweeted his response- "You should apologise for your cheap tricks. We will file a defamation case. How dare you distribute the pamphlets and shamelessly accuse the Chief Minister."
The Delhi Commission For Women has issued a notice to the Delhi Police asking whether it has registered an FIR over the circulation of the abusive pamphlets.
Gautam Gambhir is up against Marlena and Arvinder Singh Lovely of the Congress.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Pakistani air space to remain shut for Indian flights till 30 May
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 This Pune-based centre aims to build awareness, fight the stigma around schizophrenia
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Accessibility among 5 areas under focus in 11th edition of NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News