Delhi mother’s post on son scoring 60% goes viral
May 11, 2019
Exam results for CBSE and state syllabuses for both 10th and 12th standards were announced last week. While many scored A+ in subjects, many others scored a pass mark and there are others who did not pass. But these marks clearly do not determine the future for those who passed and those who did not. The message from Vandana Sufia Katoch, a Delhi based mother clearly says how every parent must view their child’s marks. Vandana’s son Aamer Katoch had scored a 60% for his class 10 board exams. Katoch’s post on social media is going viral for good reasons and inspiring parents from across the world.
Super proud of my boy who scored a 60% in Class 10 board exams. Yes it is not a 90, but that doesn't change how I feel. Simply because I have seen him struggle with certain subjects almost to the point of giving up, and then deciding to give his all in the last month-and-a-half to finally make it through! Here's to you, Aamer. And others like you - fishes asked to climb trees. Chart your own course in the big, wide ocean, my love. And keep your innate goodness, curiosity and wisdom alive. And of course, your wicked sense of humour!-Vandana Sufia Katoch
Her post was shared on social media more than 7000 times and received more than 2000 comments in just two days. Even teachers commented on how inspiring Katoch’s post. This is truly an eye-opening message to parents who urge their children to score full marks in competitive exams.
“Yes, we require more and more mothers like Vandana Sufia Katoch who accept their children as they are as far as their exam performances are concerned. Appreciate your stand. Let mothers know that only a small percentage score above 90. Thanks and regard”, tweeted Parishkar Kar.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 This Pune-based centre aims to build awareness, fight the stigma around schizophrenia
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya apologizes for Godse comments
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News