IPL 2019 - Super Kings make it to finals
May 11, 2019
Chennai Super Kings won the match against Delhi Capitals yesterday by 6 wickets.
For Delhi Capitals the IPL tournament is over after this loss in Qualifier 2.
Chennai Super Kings the defending champions have entered their eighth IPL final and will face Mumbai Indians tomorrow in Hyderabad.
CSK decided to bowl first when they won the toss and let the DC team score 147 runs for nine wickets. They easily chased down the target with six wickets in hand
Captain MS Dhoni gave the credit of this win to his bowlers and said, "Thanks to the bowling department for where we are this season. I would have preferred it if the openers finished it off. Once they got the required rate below 6 an over, there was no reason to play big shots and get out. They did the hard yards.
DC captain Shreyas Iyer felt that the loss was due to weak batting and said, "None of the batsmen took the initiative to take the team through and there wasn't a partnership building. Disappointing for us but a good learning.
South African player Francois "Faf" du Plessis won the Man of the Match.
DC was appreciated by cricket lovers on social media for the effort
smit goswamiâ€ @goswamismitp wrote,Replying to @DelhiCapitals I am fan of csk...but well played dc in the whole ipl....good luck for next season
Sathya Nagarajâ€ @i_m_sathu tweeted,Replying to @DelhiCapitals @DelhiCapitals well done team.Excellent effort.I am a csksupporter.After csk i m loving ur team.Very young team.Feature of india is in safe hands i guess.Excellent leadership by Shreyas.Everyone in dc did a very gud job.Dnt wry guys.U guys won our hearts .We r thr for u guys"
Watch in Sign Language
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
- #InclusionChamps – Sabke Liye initiative wins Future Retail Limited national disability award
August 20, 2019
- Primary schools reopen in J&K
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Delhi Public School Bengaluru North brings an inclusive touch to its crowdfunding initiatives
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Security hiked for Indian cricket team
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 “People with disabilities working in health care inform better care & access” – Dr Lisa Meeks
- Technology August 15, 2019 'Smart Car Seat for Differently-Abled' gets a thumbs up for innovation & creativity
- Events August 14, 2019 Deaf short film Festival 2019
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 11, 2019
Headlines August 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News