Modi criticised over comment on Balakot strikes
May 13, 2019
On 26 February 2019, the Indian Air Force (IAF) planes crossed Pakistani border to attack the terror camp at Balakot, which reportedly killed hundreds of terrorists. The BJP led central government under Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi received a lot of praise in India and amongst international communities for heading the Balakot strikes. Recently, in an interview to a TV channel, Modi said that he thought the rain and clouds would prevent Pakistani radars from identifying the Indian jets. This statement has sparked controversy.
In the statement, Modi said that he had his doubts about carrying on with the air strikes. Experts also pointed out that the dates must be changed but Modi decided to go ahead with the strikes. He added that he thought the clouds would actually favour IAF and hence gave a nod to go ahead.
Many leaders took to social media to criticize Modi’s decision and said that he had put national security at stake.
Modi's words are truly shameful. Most importantly, because they insult our Air Force as being ignorant and unprofessional. The fact that he is talking about all this is itself anti-national; no patriot would do this. National security is not something to be trifled with. Such an irresponsible statement from Modi is highly damaging. Somebody like this can’t remain India’s PM-Sitaram Yechury, Leader of Communist Party of India
Modi has not yet reacted to the criticisms against him.
“Southasian worries about India's armed forces compounds! Army claims Yeti sightings and doubles down in response to intl ridicule. Now PM Narendra Modi says he decided on Balakot attack after educating his Air Force commanders that radar cannot see through clouds. The Navy next?, tweeted Writer Kanak Mani Dixit.
Watch in Sign Language
- 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
July 19, 2019
- Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
July 18, 2019
- Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
July 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Technology July 12, 2019 Excessive TV watching could trigger symptoms of ADHD in kids, says study
- Events July 18, 2019 Exclusive Job Fair For Differently Abled
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Events July 16, 2019 Trek to Chandratal Baralacha La
- Events July 18, 2019 Conference – Deglobalishing Disability : Texts and Contexts
- Headlines July 12, 2019 India celebrates with Dutee Chand
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Headlines July 19, 2019 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News