No chance of a Third Front says DMK leader Stalin
May 15, 2019
The chief of the DMK Party, MK Stalin has said that there is no chance of a Third Front. This is being seen as a setback for Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao who has been exploring the possibility of a non-BJP, non-Congress coalition at the Centre after the national elections.
Stalin, who met Rao on Monday called the meeting a "courtesy call", saying alliances were not discussed.
It doesn't seem to me that there is a chance for that (Third Front). However, that will be decided only after counting on May 23. He (KCR) did not come to form alliances. He came to Tamil Nadu to offer prayers in various temples and on that basis, sought an appointment with me for a courtesy call. That is all. - K Stalin, DMK leader
Stalin has said that he will maintain his alliance with the Congress party and has twice out forward Rahul Gandhi's name for the post of prime minister. "Our leader was firm Rahul Gandhi who he proposed to be the PM candidate has to become the Prime Minister. He impressed upon Mr KCR to strengthen the UPA", said DMK Spokesperson A Saravanan to a news channel.
Rao has been at the forefront of "Third Front" moves over the past year and made a fresh push to rally regional parties in recent weeks, in an attempt to create a group that could play a critical role in government formation in case of a split verdict.
Rao has reached out to Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and Mamata Banerjee in Bengal. He also has the promise of support from Jaganmohan Reddy, chief of the opposition YSR Congress in Andhra Pradesh.
Sources say Rao's perceived closeness to the BJP and Prime Minister Narendra Modi has damaged his credibility.
Watch in Sign Language
- 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
July 19, 2019
- Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
July 18, 2019
- Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
July 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
- Headlines July 17, 2019 England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Noted Paralympian Deepa Malik aims to set a record in sea swimming
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News