No chance of a Third Front says DMK leader Stalin
May 15, 2019
The chief of the DMK Party, MK Stalin has said that there is no chance of a Third Front. This is being seen as a setback for Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao who has been exploring the possibility of a non-BJP, non-Congress coalition at the Centre after the national elections.
Stalin, who met Rao on Monday called the meeting a "courtesy call", saying alliances were not discussed.
It doesn't seem to me that there is a chance for that (Third Front). However, that will be decided only after counting on May 23. He (KCR) did not come to form alliances. He came to Tamil Nadu to offer prayers in various temples and on that basis, sought an appointment with me for a courtesy call. That is all. - K Stalin, DMK leader
Stalin has said that he will maintain his alliance with the Congress party and has twice out forward Rahul Gandhi's name for the post of prime minister. "Our leader was firm Rahul Gandhi who he proposed to be the PM candidate has to become the Prime Minister. He impressed upon Mr KCR to strengthen the UPA", said DMK Spokesperson A Saravanan to a news channel.
Rao has been at the forefront of "Third Front" moves over the past year and made a fresh push to rally regional parties in recent weeks, in an attempt to create a group that could play a critical role in government formation in case of a split verdict.
Rao has reached out to Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and Mamata Banerjee in Bengal. He also has the promise of support from Jaganmohan Reddy, chief of the opposition YSR Congress in Andhra Pradesh.
Sources say Rao's perceived closeness to the BJP and Prime Minister Narendra Modi has damaged his credibility.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Education May 17, 2019 'Kannada Pustaka' open online library is empowering thousands of visually impaired students
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News