Jet Airways CEO Amit Agarwal quits citing personal reasons
May 15, 2019
Jet Airways, which was one of India’s largest domestic airways, faced a major financial crisis a couple of months back. Due to this, they had to shut down and are not operational now. On Tuesday, Jet Airways Chief Executive Officer Amit Agarwal stepped down due to personal reasons. Agarwal had joined Jet as their Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in 2015.
So @jetairways deputy CEO and CFO Amit Agarwal, considered closest to Mr. Naresh Goyal, has resigned-Tarun Shukla, Journalist
Jet Airways have not mentioned anyone else that is going to replace Agarwal who was one of the most successful CEO’s who worked with the company. Post his resignation, shares in Jet Airways came down drastically on Tuesday as its current leaders are selling off stakes for the company.
Gaurang Shetty, who was the Director of Jet Airways, had already submitted his resignation earlier this month. Reportedly, Jet Airways has a debt of over 1.2 billion dollars. A few companies have even come forward to buy Jet Airways but nothing has been confirmed yet. One of the main bidders for Jet Airways is Etihad Airways.
“Jet Airways Ltd’s Deputy Chief Executive and Chief Financial Officer Amit Agarwal has resigned, the debt-ridden carrier said on Tuesday. #JetAirways #airlines, tweeted Musafir Namah.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Sachin is sixth Indian cricket Hall of Fame
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
- Headlines July 21, 2019 India’s Windies tour starts 3 August
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Inclusion Walkathon 2019 aims to spread the message of a world without barriers
- Get-hooked July 21, 2019 Negative comments that disabled people don't want to hear any more
- Get-hooked July 21, 2019 The Gopal family worked together as a team to empower their daughter Vaishnavi who has cerebral palsy
- Get-hooked July 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked July 21, 2019 Understanding Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Headlines July 21, 2019 Sheila Dixit passes away at the age of 81
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News