Jet Airways CEO Amit Agarwal quits citing personal reasons
May 15, 2019
Jet Airways, which was one of India’s largest domestic airways, faced a major financial crisis a couple of months back. Due to this, they had to shut down and are not operational now. On Tuesday, Jet Airways Chief Executive Officer Amit Agarwal stepped down due to personal reasons. Agarwal had joined Jet as their Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in 2015.
So @jetairways deputy CEO and CFO Amit Agarwal, considered closest to Mr. Naresh Goyal, has resigned-Tarun Shukla, Journalist
Jet Airways have not mentioned anyone else that is going to replace Agarwal who was one of the most successful CEO’s who worked with the company. Post his resignation, shares in Jet Airways came down drastically on Tuesday as its current leaders are selling off stakes for the company.
Gaurang Shetty, who was the Director of Jet Airways, had already submitted his resignation earlier this month. Reportedly, Jet Airways has a debt of over 1.2 billion dollars. A few companies have even come forward to buy Jet Airways but nothing has been confirmed yet. One of the main bidders for Jet Airways is Etihad Airways.
“Jet Airways Ltd’s Deputy Chief Executive and Chief Financial Officer Amit Agarwal has resigned, the debt-ridden carrier said on Tuesday. #JetAirways #airlines”, tweeted Musafir Namah.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - From anxiety to empowerment, the journey of Latha Venkatesan
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News