Re-polling ordered for Faridabad constituency
May 15, 2019
Re-polling has been ordered for the Faridabad parliamentary constituency in Haryana by the Election Commission.
This order came after a video surfaced online showing a polling agent allegedly trying to influence voters during the voting that took place on 12 May.
It was found that polling agent named Giriraj Singh was of BJP party and has been arrested. As per report he forced three women into voting for the "lotus symbol".
The presiding officer of the polling booth Amit Atri, has also been suspended by the Election Commission and criminal action has been initiated against him. While the returning officer has been transferred and micro-observer Sonal Gulati has been barred from election duty for three years.
Fresh polling in the constituency will be held on 19 May, it is the same day when seventh phase of Lok Sabha elections will take place.
Many people are happy that social media helped in highlighting the incident.
The DeshBhakt tweeted,”Finally some justice as @ECISVEEP is forced to order re-polling at #Faridabad booth. Remember this would've been brushed under the carpet if Social Media hadn't created so much pressure Every voice matters, especially when institutions are breaking down.”
Chowkidar Chor Hai - India_Dreamer wrote,” @akashbanerjee @ECISVEEP Good to know that @ECISVEEP ordered re-polling, but this additional expenses must be recovered from that guy who is responsible for such gross misconduct and re-election. He must be made an example of......”
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Disability rights activist Prajith Jaipal to hit the road to promote awareness
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya apologizes for Godse comments
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Headlines May 17, 2019 PM promises to build statue of reformer Vidyasagar
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Vivek Oberoi deletes offensive tweet about Aishwarya, apologises
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News