Re-polling ordered for Faridabad constituency
May 15, 2019
Re-polling has been ordered for the Faridabad parliamentary constituency in Haryana by the Election Commission.
This order came after a video surfaced online showing a polling agent allegedly trying to influence voters during the voting that took place on 12 May.
It was found that polling agent named Giriraj Singh was of BJP party and has been arrested. As per report he forced three women into voting for the "lotus symbol".
The presiding officer of the polling booth Amit Atri, has also been suspended by the Election Commission and criminal action has been initiated against him. While the returning officer has been transferred and micro-observer Sonal Gulati has been barred from election duty for three years.
Fresh polling in the constituency will be held on 19 May, it is the same day when seventh phase of Lok Sabha elections will take place.
Many people are happy that social media helped in highlighting the incident.
The DeshBhaktâ€ tweeted,Finally some justice as @ECISVEEP is forced to order re-polling at #Faridabad booth. Remember this would've been brushed under the carpet if Social Media hadn't created so much pressure Every voice matters, especially when institutions are breaking down.
Chowkidar Chor Hai - India_Dreamerâ€ wrote, @akashbanerjee @ECISVEEP Good to know that @ECISVEEP ordered re-polling, but this additional expenses must be recovered from that guy who is responsible for such gross misconduct and re-election. He must be made an example of......
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
- Headlines July 19, 2019 Sylvester Stallone responds to Salman’s post on disabled fan
- Employment July 19, 2019 Hatti Kaapi's coffee cups bring cheer for many reasons
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Karnataka trust vote adjourned to Monday
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Employment July 19, 2019 India Fort in Kerala to offer youngsters with intellectual disabilities platform to showcase talents
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News