Winter School: Fostering Research in Disability
Research and writing are integral to promote understanding of a field. Disability Rights have generated this interest in the recently emergent field of disability studies.
The interest is largely generic and people feel the need for advice to zero in on a particular topic of research. In order to assist persons interested in working in the field, Centre for Disability Studies, NALSAR University of Law and the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, BITS-Pilani Hyderabad Campus are planning to hold a Fostering Research in Disability winter school. The week-long Winter School will engage with questions of disability with a special focus on boice, representation and participation of disabled people in law- making and cultural processes.
The School will apprise participants of significant developments in the field of disabilitu studies as also point to issues topics and areas within the field which merit research. Some of the topics on which instruction shall be, include:-
Disability exclusions and inclusions: legally embedded and culturally enabled Personhood related to disability – leagal concepts and cultural notions Discourses of human rights and social justice Disability culture and disability in culture. The Winnter School will also provide an opportunity to participants with draft research proposals to present and obtain feedback on the feasibility of their plans.
All persons interested in attending the school may mail by the 7th of June, 2019 expressing their interest in the programme and why they wish to attend it.
- Starts on: Monday, 16 Dec 2019 at 10:00 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 06:00 PM
- City: Hyderabad
- Location: NALSAR University of Law Justice City, Shameerpet, Medchal District
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: Centre for Disability Studies, NALSAR University of Law, Dept of Humanities and Social Science BITS-Pilani,Hyderabad
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: https://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/hyderabad/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya apologizes for Godse comments
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - From anxiety to empowerment, the journey of Latha Venkatesan
- Education May 17, 2019 'Kannada Pustaka' open online library is empowering thousands of visually impaired students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News