Winter School: Fostering Research in Disability
Research and writing are integral to promote understanding of a field. Disability Rights have generated this interest in the recently emergent field of disability studies.
The interest is largely generic and people feel the need for advice to zero in on a particular topic of research. In order to assist persons interested in working in the field, Centre for Disability Studies, NALSAR University of Law and the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, BITS-Pilani Hyderabad Campus are planning to hold a Fostering Research in Disability winter school. The week-long Winter School will engage with questions of disability with a special focus on boice, representation and participation of disabled people in law- making and cultural processes.
The School will apprise participants of significant developments in the field of disabilitu studies as also point to issues topics and areas within the field which merit research. Some of the topics on which instruction shall be, include:-
Disability exclusions and inclusions: legally embedded and culturally enabled Personhood related to disability — leagal concepts and cultural notions Discourses of human rights and social justice Disability culture and disability in culture. The Winnter School will also provide an opportunity to participants with draft research proposals to present and obtain feedback on the feasibility of their plans.
All persons interested in attending the school may mail by the 7th of June, 2019 expressing their interest in the programme and why they wish to attend it.
- Starts on: Monday, 16 Dec 2019 at 10:00 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 21 Dec 2019 at 06:00 PM
- City: Hyderabad
- Location: NALSAR University of Law Justice City, Shameerpet, Medchal District
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: Centre for Disability Studies, NALSAR University of Law, Dept of Humanities and Social Science BITS-Pilani,Hyderabad
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: https://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/hyderabad/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Super 30’ hits theatres
- Headlines July 11, 2019 Kangana faces boycott threat from media
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Al-Qaeda head calls for attack on J&K in video
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Events July 11, 2019 SignAlong - Sign language workshop
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News