Hi Bhavna. I was born deaf in the right ear and I am gradually losing hearing in my left ear. I want to know whether I am considered as a person with disability. I did an audiogram test and found that my left ear has mild to moderate sensorineural hearing loss.
May 22, 2019
Hello. Yes, you would be considered as a person with a disability. We recommend that you get a disability certificate. A disability certificate, also known as PwD certificate/PH/ certificate/Handicap certificate, certifies the type and extent of disability and is usually issued by medical boards constituted in certain government hospitals.This is important for people with disabilities as it entitles them to certain benefits provided by the government. A valid disability certificate is essential. The certificate mentions the extent of disability and the figure entitles the holder to certain benefits. People with lesser percentage of disability will get lesser benefits.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 19, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ mission rescheduled to 22 July
- Education July 20, 2019 Updated MBBS curriculum with disability competencies to come into effect from 1 August, confirms MCI
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
- Events July 19, 2019 Human Festival - Inclusive Art Music Festival
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News