Pakistani air space to remain shut for Indian flights till 30 May
May 17, 2019
After the Balakot terror camp strikes by Indian Air Force on 26 February, the Pakistan air space had remained shut for Indian flights. Now, the Pakistani government had decided not to lift the ban until the Lok Sabha election results are announced on 23 May. The air space will be made open for Indian flights from 30 May.
According to reports, the Civil Aviation Authority has also been informed of the same. All the pilots and other staffs related to aviation industry have been alerted about the circumstances of flying in Pakistan until the ban is lifted.
Pakistan apparently strikes down Indian Air Force planes. Airports in Islamabad, Multan and Lahore apparently shut. Flights suspended out of Delhi. Flights being cleared out of airspace around border. How many more people will die before this latest lust for blood is satisfied?-Anindya Ray Chaudhury
Earlier, the Pakistani government had said that they are awaiting results of Lok Sabha elections to know who is going to be voted into power in India. After the Balakot strikes, the relationship between India and Pakistan had deteriorated even more. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi led central government had not shown any interest in peace talks with Pakistan since all the leaders were busy with the elections.
After Pakistan banning Indian flights from entering their air space, aviation of both countries are facing tremendous loss. Many domestic international flights from India pass over Pakistani air space. In fact, prices of government led Air Indian flights to international locations had increased drastically after the ban.
“Pakistan's airspace to remain shut for Indian flights till May 30”, tweeted Jewel Ray.
Watch in Sign Language
- Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
June 27, 2019
- Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
June 27, 2019
- PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
June 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Events June 27, 2019 Thalassemia Detection Camp
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines June 24, 2019
Headlines June 23, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News