Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
May 18, 2019
Cannes Film Festival, one of the biggest and most popular film festivals in the world has kick started at Cannes in France. Like previous years, there is a huge presence of Indian celebrities at the red carpet for the 72nd Cannes Film Festival. This year too, Indian film actors have put up their best looks at the Cannes.
One of the first people to arrive was actor Hina Khan who made her debut at the Cannes. Hina, of Kasautii Zindagii Kay serial fame was seen wearing a grey shimmering gown. She looked simple yet elegant as she walked the red carpet waving at photographers. Hina’s short film Lines, based on Kargil war, was screened at the Cannes.
Bollywood diva Deepika Padukone, like previous years, awed on-lookers with her best look at the Cannes. The actor, who is very active on social media, had been sharing her journey to the red carpet ever since she departed from India. Deepika walked the red carpet on both Friday and Saturday. This year, she was representing international brand L’Oreal. The actress was seen wearing a white gown with a huge black bow. Indeed, she looked like a gift herself! Her husband Ranveer Singh took to social media to compliment his wife.
Bollywood queen @deepikapadukone setting fire to the red carpet at Cannes Film Festival like a boss-Asjad Nazir, Author
Kangana Ranaut rocked in a traditional golden Kanjeevaram saree paired with a sequined corset and gloves. The actor was speaking at the India Pavillion at Cannes. She said that female actors have their own style and do not have to fit into stereotypes anymore.
International actor Priyanka Chopra also made her presence at the Cannes. Priyanka, who was criticised for her looks at the Met Gala 2019 that happened last week, has shut down critics with her gorgeous looks at the Cannes. She was seen wearing black and red embellished ensemble at the Rocketman premiere. Her apparel was paired up with Chopard jewels.
“#PriyankaChopra gets the loudest cheer at the #Cannes2019”, tweeted Entertainment Journalist Salil Arunkumar Sand
More Indian actors are scheduled to walk the red carpet of Cannes in the coming days.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News