Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
May 20, 2019
Recently, Delhi Chief Minister (CM) Arvind Kejriwal alleged that his life is at threat because the BJP has been targeting him. Taking a dig at Delhi police, Kejriwal added that he might be killed by his own security personals who report to the BJP. He compared his fate to that of India’s former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi who was assassinated by her security guards. The Delhi police reacted to Kejriwal by saying that they are committed to providing security to all top leaders in Delhi.
Arvind Kejriwal says his security guards report to BJP, so he could be assassinated like Indira Gandhi in two minutes. CM of a state, allegedly-Abhijit Majumder, Journalist
Kejriwal made the statement after he was slapped by a man during one of his election rallies. The Delhi CM, who was on top of a jeep, was hit hard by a man wearing a red shirt. According to police reports, the man used to be an ex worker for AAP. Vijender Gupta, Leader of Opposition in Delhi assembly alleged that Kejriwal had said that he does not need any security the day he was attacked of which he has ample proof. He had asked the personals to disperse as well.
“I request @HMOIndia to withdraw all the security of @ArvindKejriwal The guy is a lost case and he doesn’t deserve it! Such a psychopath can do any damage to himself and then put the blame on security or policy. His security should be withdrawn until he apologises earnestly”, tweeted Akali Dal leader Manjinder S Sirsa.
This is not the first time that Kejriwal has been criticising the Delhi Police. In 2015, he called Delhi Police Thulla sparking controversy. The Delhi Police even filed a defamation case against Delhi CM for his remark.
Watch in Sign Language
- Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
June 27, 2019
- Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
June 27, 2019
- PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
June 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Education June 27, 2019 #ChangeMakers - Sonia Jaitley believes in helping children with disabilities unlock their strengths
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News