Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
May 21, 2019
Last year, the #MeToo campaign had caught up on social media. Many women came forward to accuse men of sexually exploiting them at work place. Reportedly, there were many false accusations as well. Activist Barkha Trehan has come forward to support victims whose images have been tarnished by the #MeToo movement after women falsely alleging them of sexual exploitation. Two protests were organised in Delhi over a span of one week by Barkha and her team to demand justice for victims of fake rape accusations. The peaceful protests were held between India Gate and Rajpath.
Thanks everyone for the massive support for #MenToo at India Gate. Law which is biased towards one gender, can never protect a society. Make Laws Gender Neutral-Barkha Trehan, Activist
Some of the placards held by activists read ‘We need a movement like #MenToo’ because crime has no gender’ and ‘Man whose a victim of being in love with the wrong woman’. Protestors also wore masks of actor Karan Oberoi who was recently alleged of sexual exploitation by a tantrik. Karan, who had denied the accusations, was not granted bail. Protestors said that what happened to him can happen to anyone next.
Many protestors alleged that even their images were tarnished due to the #MeToo movement where fake victims came out with names.
“MISUSE of ‘Women Centric’ Laws should STOP & ‘Equality’ should be imposed in true sense ! #MenToo deserve a respectable LIFE !, tweeted Vaishali Rai.
“We can't ignore the fact that males also r victim of gender crime & injustice. I raise my voice for #MenToo. Do U ??, tweeted Salona Chaudhury.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 Rising Flame launches leadership programme for women with disabilities
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Headlines July 11, 2019 India lose semi-final to New Zealand
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News