Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
May 21, 2019
On Sunday evening, the exit poll results of Lok Sabha elections were out. The results showed a massive win for BJP led National Democratic Alliance with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi gearing up for a comeback. On Monday, the sensex increased to over 1421 points after the exit poll results were announced. This was the biggest one day gain in ten years. It closed at a record high of 39,352. Apparently, the polls showed a steep hike in NDA results when compared to the poll results of 2014.
S&P BSE Sensex pitched as much as 1,405.89 points or 3.71 per cent. NSE Nifty reached 414.85 points from the previous close to hit an intraday high of 11,822.00.
I expected the Sensex to correct, but it has climbed even higher – up 1,300 points now. Clearly, market expectations are voting beyond exit polls-Gautam Chikermane, Director, CAREIndia
According to experts, this steep hike is short lived only till the election results are announced on 23 May. Auto, energy and financials were the ones that supported the equity market the most. Some of the top gainers in the market were Adani Ports, IndusInd Bank, HDFC Bank, State Bank of India (SBI) and Indiabulls Housing Finance. Variations are expected in the market until results are announced.
“Markets Continue to Soar as Sensex Climbs 1,300 points; Nifty Touches 11,800 After Exit Polls Predict NDA Victory”, tweeted Mukesh Kumar.
“Sensex Jumps Over 950 Points After Exit Polls after NDA Win prediction. A stable govt is best for India”, tweeted Chowkidar Geetika Swami.
Watch in Sign Language
- Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
June 27, 2019
- Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
June 27, 2019
- PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
June 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Parasports June 27, 2019 Bengaluru to play host to national blind football tournament
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News