Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
May 22, 2019
Ramu, a physically disabled delivery boy woking with Zomato, has become a star on social media. This is after a video of Ramu delivering food on his hand-powered tricycle went viral.
Zomato, the well-known restaurant and food discovery service, is winning fans and praise for promoting inclusion at the workplace. This is after a video of a Ramu, a Zomato delivery boy, went viral on social media. People cannot stop marvelling at the sight of Ramu, who has a physical disability, going about his work on a hand-powered tricycle.
Many social media users have shared the video with tags like 'inspiring' and 'motivating'. One tweet said, 'Ramu truly shows that where there is a will, there is a way'.
Zomato, which has faced some flak in the past for poor food quality or delivery boys helping themselves to the food, was happy with this praise for promoting workplace inclusion and took to Twitter to thank their newfound fans.
Hey there! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. We take immense pride in our delivery partners as they are the ones who connect our users with great food — regardless of all obstacles :)- Zomato Care
Zomato has made many attempts to promote inclusion in the recent past like introducing LGBTQIA friendly tags for restaurants. With Ramu's video getting so many hits, Zomato's popularity is firmly on the upswing. One tweet even offered to crowdfund a battery operated vehicle for Ramu.
Pulkit Sharma, a wheelchair user and restaurant accessibility reviewer in Delhi is among those to have shared the video. He says Zomato must go one step further and provide Ramu with an accessible vehicle.
“I first found the video on Twitter, and later shared it on Facebook", says Pulkit. "I think what Zomato has done is a great step towards inclusion. I think even society understands the importance of employing people with disabilities in mainstream jobs. I have immense respect for Ramu. I feel Zomato must provide him with an accessible car or scooter so that his job is made easier”.
Bollywood actor Raveena Tandon too gave a thumbs up to Zomato. “We need more companies to step forward and empower. good going", she tweeted.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News