TikTok celebrity Mohit Mor shot dead
May 23, 2019
Mohit Mor, a social media celebrity, was shot dead by three gunmen near Delhi. 24-year-old Mor, a fitness enthusiast, had half a million followers on the popular video-sharing app TikTok. He would often upload fitness videos on his TikTok and Instagram profiles.
Mor was at a photocopy shop near a gym in Najafgarh on Tuesday waiting for a friend when he was killed. He was sitting on a sofa at the shop, when three unidentified men on a bike, entered the shop and pumped five bullets into him. Senior police officials, however, told the media that 13 bullets were fired at him.
The killers were caught on CCTV camera, leaving the scene of the crime. Two of the gunmen's faces were hidden by helmets, while one of them could clearly be seen
When Mohit Mor was busy talking with his friend inside the shop, three armed persons barged inside the shop and indiscriminately fired 13 bullets on him. Mohit Mor fell on a sofa kept inside the shop. He was rushed to near-by hospital where he was declared brought dead. - Senior police officer
Police are investigating the reason behind the murder. Gang violence could be a cause, say some sources. "We are checking his Tik Tok and Instagram accounts comments and Call Details Record (CDR) to establish his enmity with anyone on social media that may help us to crack the case", said a police officer to the media. "Prima facie, it appears a case of personal enmity and a money dispute," the officer added.
Police have registered a case under the relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and a probe has been initiated.
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Events July 16, 2019 Living Well with Epilepsy: An Interactive Session
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Accessibility July 11, 2019 Tamil Nadu government fails to introduce special courts, groups demands speedy action
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Accessibility July 11, 2019 Disabled music enthusiasts call adaptive gears the next big thing
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Accessibility July 12, 2019 Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News