PM Modi biopic earns 3 crore
May 26, 2019
The much awaited and controversial movie of the year ‘PM Narendra Modi’, was finally released on Friday.
The movie is a biopic based on the life of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi and stars actor Vivek Oberoi in the lead role.
As per movie industry experts, the movie has come at the right time as Bharatiya Janata Party has just won the general elections in a massive way.
For Vivek Oberoi, the movie is a proving to be a career boost as it has already earned around 3 crores during the weekend. BJP followers and fans of PM Modi are expected to flock to the movie halls to see the movie based on the life of their popular leader.
The film portrays the various turning points in the life of Prime Minister Narendra Modi from his humble days as a Chai-wala or tea seller to becoming the Prime Minister of the biggest democracy.
The movie was earlier set for a pre-election release but was delayed by the orders of the Election Commission after Congress party and several other parties objected to the content.
‘PM Narendra Modi’ has been produced by Sandip Ssingh and is a directorial project of Omung Kumar.
The film also has other actors such as Manoj Joshi as Amit Shah, Rajendra Gupta as Modi's father, Zarina Wahab as Modi's mother and Barkha Bisht Sengupta as Modi's wife.
Social media users shared mixed reactions to the movie.
Priyank Daimaâ€ @PriyankDaima tweeted,Sir @vivekoberoi if this movie would have been released before elections BJP would have got 350+ by itself..! Still its nice to see we have selected the best man for the job. An amazing inspiration and awesome movie.. #ModiBiopic #PMNarendraModi
uncharted madnessâ€ @kunjanmendake , wrote If the cinema halls showing the Modi biopic are empty after a landslide/historical victory of Mr Modi in elections, then it is either Vivek Oberoi's seriously rotten luck or there is more to stuff than meets the eye. #PMNarendraModiBiopic #ModiBiopic
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Events July 11, 2019 Ensuring Safety of Children with Disability
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 #RareDiseases - Attitude key when living with Ataxia
- Headlines July 14, 2019 6 dead, lakhs homeless in Assam floods
- Events July 11, 2019 North East Disability Summit
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News