Inclusive & barrier-free work environment was the focus at GiftAbled workshops in Mumbai
June 1, 2019
GiftAbled, the Bengaluru-based NGO, conducted two workshops in Mumbai on making workplaces inclusive for people with disabilities. The workshop was attended by corporate leaders and employees.
Workplace inclusion has been mandated under RPWD Act 2016 and the Centre is giving it a push too. Corporates are waking up to the idea and are looking for guidance.
Bengaluru-based NGO GiftAbled conducts awareness workshops regularly in this regard and their latest one was in the financial capital Mumbai. Over 40 people took part in the two-day workshop.
Prarthana Kaul, Co-founder, GiftAbled says she is happy to see the rise in the number of people attending such workshops. There were activities and interactive sessions with speakers and volunteers offering detailed insight into how to make workplaces inclusive. This workshop was only for senior level leaders.
There are many companies that want to hire people with disabilities but are unaware of how to go about it. We wanted to bridge those barriers. We focussed on the different laws based on RPWD Act, 2016. The participants were also sensitized on how to make workplaces inclusive. -Prarthana Kaul, Co-founder, GiftAbled
The workshops looked at how to enable communication between people with disabilities and non-disabled employees and the importance of motivating each other. The workshops were held at J P Morgan and I-Volunteer.
Prateek, co-founder, GiftAbled said the sessions went well. “The audience were keen to learn and participate. I hope we could make a good impact amongst them. I was speaking mostly about importance of inclusivity at workplace. I could also answer to their questions about the topic”, says Prateek.
GiftAbled team has been conducting such workshop over the past six years. They are gearing up for the next one in Bengaluru and New Delhi in June.
To attend the workshops, you can contact organiser at email@example.com. or ring them up at 9900927896
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Headlines June 27, 2019 PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News