Fellowship in Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
Applications for the IAP Fellowship are now open!
Ummeed awards two fellowships each year in Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Of the two seats, one is IAP accredited and the other is an institutional fellowship.
The structured one year long training program involves getting a detailed understanding of typical child development and common developmental difficulties in children across different age groups like Autism Spectrum Disorder, Learning Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Intellectual Disability, Genetic syndromes, etc. The program involves lectures, group discussions and hands on clinical training with graded supervision. The fellows will be trained to understand patterns of developmental difficulties and conduct comprehensive developmental assessments (through detailed history and formal assessment tools) to arrive at a diagnosis. The management plan is then made along with the family to help the child reach his maximum potential.
The faculty includes developmental pediatricians Dr. Vibha Krishnamurthy, Dr. Roopa Srinivasan, Dr. Koyeli Sengupta and other guest lecturers.
During the training, there are many opportunities to work with and learn from a multidisciplinary team comprising occupational therapists, autism intervention therapists, speech therapists, mental health professionals and remedial educators.
- Starts on: Thursday, 01 Aug 2019 at 10:00 AM
- Ends on: Friday, 31 Jul 2020 at 06:00 PM
- City: Mumbai
- Location: Ummeed Child Development Center - Training Facility
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Registration Link
- Organizer Name: Ummeed Child Development Center
- Organizer Phone: 022 6248 8100 / 022 6210 2000
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: https://ummeed.org