Mamata Banerjee issues veiled warning to BJP
June 6, 2019
Taking a swipe at the BJP, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said her party, the Trinamool Congress will not hesitate to protect the idea of ‘Hindustan’. She asserted that anyone who clashes with her party would be “shattered to pieces.
Banerjee made these comments during an iftar party.
Hindus stand for renunciation, Muslims for integrity, Christians for love and Sikhs for sacrifice. This is our beloved Hindustan and we will protect it. Those who clash with us will be shattered into pieces. - Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal Chief Minister
She also said, "There is nothing to be scared. Sometimes when the sun rises, its rays are very harsh but later it fades away. Don’t be scared, the faster they captured EVMs, the quicker they will go away".
The BJP has made inroads into West Bengal in the recent Lok Sabha elections, where it won 18 out of 42 seats. The Trinamool Congress has since increased its efforts to prevent losing its support base. Banerjee's statements come one day after her nephew Abhishek Banerjee mocked the BJP’s new “Jai Maha Kali slogan.
The inclusion of “Jai Maha Kali has led to charges from the Trinamool that the BJP is a party of outsiders and does not understand the culture of Bengal.
Meanwhile, a Trinamool Congress leader was murdered on Tuesday and the footage was captured on CCTV leading to a blame game between the party and the BJP. Nirmal Kundu was shot dead at in north Kolkata. Kundu was talking to some people at a tea stall when two people on a motorcycle drove past and shot him twice.
The Trinamool Congress accused the BJP of murdering Kundu, while West Bengal BJP chief Dilip Ghosh pinned the charges on internal fights in the Trinamool Congress.
The BJP says that 60 of its party workers were killed during the panchayat polls in West Bengal last year.
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Events July 11, 2019 Movement therapy sessions
- Events July 11, 2019 North East Disability Summit
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Super 30’ hits theatres
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Parasports July 17, 2019 India Divyang Cricket Team is raring to make its mark in first ever world series
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 #RareDiseases - Organisation for Rare Diseases in India is out to change perceptions
- Get-hooked July 10, 2019 Spirited & strong minded, Preetha Thonnakkal lives life to the fullest
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News