Growing call to sack Rajasthan Chief Minister
June 7, 2019
There is trouble brewing within the Rajasthan Congress with a senior MLA asking for a change of leadership. He has asked that Ashok Gehlot be removed as chief minister of the state.
This spells bad news for Gehlot who is already in some trouble as a large section of the Congress blames him for the losses sustained in the national election. Now this open demand has made matters worse.
Sachin Pilot should be Chief Minister, Ashok Gehlot has lost his influence. - Prithviraj Meena, Rajasthan Congress leader
Meena, who is a Congress leader from openly said that a "younger" Chief Minister will do better. Pilot was the state Congress president in the run-up to the elections. Meena says Gehlot has been able to keep the various groups together.
Gehlot, on the other hand, says Pilot should take responsibility for his son Vaibhav Gehlot's defeat in Jodhpur.
"Sachin Pilot said Vaibhav should contest from Jodhpur and we would win with a huge majority. He said we have six MLAs (legislators) and we have done very good campaigning there... Sachin Pilot should take responsibility for at least that (Jodhpur) seat". Gehlot has been accused by many in the Congress of neglecting the rest of the state while campaigning for his son.
Gehlot and Pilot have been at loggerheads since the Congress came to power in Rajasthan in December. Pilot agreed to give up his claim to the chief minister's post by after Gehlot convinced Congress president Rahul Gandhi that he would be able to deliver good results in the election. But the Congress failed to win even one of Rajasthan's 25 seats.
Watch in Sign Language
- Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
June 27, 2019
- Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
June 27, 2019
- PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
June 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Events June 27, 2019 Summer Melodies @ Mitr Cafe
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News