Rahul Gandhi visits Wayanad after Lok Sabha win
June 8, 2019
Congress President Rahul Gandhi, who won in Wayanad with majority votes for last Lok Sabha elections, reached his constituency for a three day visit. This is his first visit to the small hill town of Kerala after his win. He will be at Wayanad till Sunday where he will meet Congress workers and have interactive sessions with them. Rahul Gandhi had won at Wayanad with a huge majority of over two lakh votes.
I will be in Wayanad, Kerala starting this afternoon and till Sunday to meet citizens & Congress Party workers. It’s a packed schedule with over 15 public receptions planned over the next 3 days-Rahul Gandhi, President, Congress Party
Apart from Wayanad, Rahul is expected to visit nearby Kozhikode and Malappuram districts as well. Rahul’s three day visit is just before Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s scheduled visit to Kerala over the weekend.
“Sri #RahulGandhi will be in his parliamentary constituency of #Wayanad, Kerala, where he will interact with the people and discuss their problems, tweeted Anita Mina.
“WELCOME TO WAYANAD, KERALA dear @RahulGandhi Ji, tweeted Rasyn Rose.
After Congress party faced a huge defeat for Lok Sabha elections, Rahul said that he wants to quit the party. He even submitted his resignation which was rejected by the Congress Working Committee (CWC). According to reports, the party has still not been able to find a successor for Rahul Gandhi who belongs to Nehru’s family. They have been ruling the Congress party for many decades. Rahul, who also stood from Amethi, a threshold of the Gandhi’s, lost the elections to BJP candidate Smriti Irani.
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 North East Disability Summit
- Events July 16, 2019 Trek to Chandratal Baralacha La
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Education July 10, 2019 Innovative English language skills programme for deaf kids spreads its wings to Sri Lanka
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
- Parasports July 10, 2019 National level para sportsperson Garima Joshi risks losing home, appeals for financial help
- Events July 11, 2019 Movement therapy sessions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News