Outrage over child's murder, case under National Security Act
June 8, 2019
There is nationwide outrage and shock over the murder of a two-year-old child in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh. The case was uncovered after stray dogs were seen appearing to carry human body parts, A police probe uncovered a horrifying crime. It was the mutilated body of a two-year-old girl, whose family had reported her missing two days before.
Many people are now calling for the harshest possible punishment for the killers. The child's body was found near her home in Tappal town in Aligarh. The two men arrested for the murder are her neighbours, who lived nearby. Police say the child was killed because her father owed Rs. 10,000 to the arrested men, Zahid and Aslam. They left her body at a garbage dump near their house.
The case will be probed under the National Security Act (NSA), an anti-terror law that allows the police to detain suspects who pose a threat to national security for a year, say the police.
We are proceeding with it as an NSA case, we will try to get it to a fast track court. There is no mention of rape or acid in postmortem report. - Akash Kulhary, Uttar Pradesh Police
The child's father had a money dispute with Zahid who had threatened him with dire consequences. "We questioned Zahid and it was revealed that the body was hidden at Aslam's house. The body was later found at the garbage dump", said the police to a news agency.
Family members of the child blocked roads in protest and had to be pacified by senior police officials. The protesters have that other family members of the arrested men also be arrested for the murder.
Many people have tweeted expressing their shock. "The brutal murder in Aligarh is yet another inhuman, unspeakable crime against an innocent child. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain her parents must feel. What has become of us," tweeted Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra.
Shiv Sena leader Priyanka Chaturvedi also tweeted saying, "Just can't get over the 3 year old's murder in Aligarh. How despicable a human the accused must be to have done something as heinous to her. As a society we continue to fail our children-their safety should be our priority, change of mindset towards our girls a necessity."
Actor Abhishek Bachchan said, "How can somebody even think of doing such a thing? Speechless.."
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 16, 2019 Trek to Chandratal Baralacha La
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Events July 11, 2019 Inclusive Art Therapy Workshop
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 #RareDiseases - Organisation for Rare Diseases in India is out to change perceptions
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 #RareDiseases - Attitude key when living with Ataxia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News