Cricket World Cup - Rains wrecks Pak, Lanka match
June 8, 2019
Yesterday’s World Cup match between Pakistan and Sri Lanka ended in a huge disappointment for fans. The match was abandoned due to continuous and heavy rain in Bristol and not a single ball was bowled.
Both teams have been allotted one point for game and now stand at three points each.
The match outcome has come as a major disappointment for both the teams as well. Pakistan and Sri Lanka both teams were hoping to win the match and make up for the previous losses.
Pakistan captain Sarfaraz said, “As a team we really wanted to play this match especially after gaining momentum with the win against England. It is unfortunate that we were not able to play.”
Since 1975 this is the second World Cup match played in England that was abandoned without a single ball bowled.
“We came here to play. We are really disappointed as a team and as an individual. We won the last game and ended on a high note,” Sri Lanka skipper Dimuth Karunaratne said.
Pakistan will face Australia in their next game on Wednesday. While India will play against Australia on Sunday.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines June 23, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News