Cricket World Cup - Rains wrecks Pak, Lanka match
June 8, 2019
Yesterday's World Cup match between Pakistan and Sri Lanka ended in a huge disappointment for fans. The match was abandoned due to continuous and heavy rain in Bristol and not a single ball was bowled.
Both teams have been allotted one point for game and now stand at three points each.
The match outcome has come as a major disappointment for both the teams as well. Pakistan and Sri Lanka both teams were hoping to win the match and make up for the previous losses.
Pakistan captain Sarfaraz said, "As a team we really wanted to play this match especially after gaining momentum with the win against England. It is unfortunate that we were not able to play.
Since 1975 this is the second World Cup match played in England that was abandoned without a single ball bowled.
"We came here to play. We are really disappointed as a team and as an individual. We won the last game and ended on a high note, Sri Lanka skipper Dimuth Karunaratne said.
Pakistan will face Australia in their next game on Wednesday. While India will play against Australia on Sunday.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Events August 14, 2019 Special Buddies Program
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Parenting Corner- Motivating children
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Young innovator Prashant Gade seeks support to give prosthetic arms for free to the needy
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Technology August 15, 2019 'Smart Car Seat for Differently-Abled' gets a thumbs up for innovation & creativity
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 15, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News