Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
June 10, 2019
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is in Maldives for a two day visit, was conferred with Maldive's highest honour for foreign dignitaries. Maldives President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih conferred the prestigious award Rule of Nishan Izzudeen to Modi, which is yet another golden feather to his cap. Many people took to social media to congratulate the minister who was awarded the honour on Saturday.
President @ibusolih has announced his decision to confer on PM of India H.E. @narendramodi the Maldives highest honour accorded to foreign dignitaries, "The Most Honourable Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen during PM's visit today. Namaskar, Swagatham-Abdulla Shahid, Foreign Minister of Maldives
During the two day visit, Modi and Solih engaged in talks to improve bilateral relation between both the countries in many areas including defence. Modi, who was given a grand welcome also ensured to inspect the guard of honour.
Modi had come to power for the second time after the Lok Sabha elections results came out last month. He has established himself as one of the most powerful and prominent leaders from across the world during his tenure in the last five years.
"Heartiest Congratulations to Prime Minister Shri @narendramodi ji on being conferred with 'The Most Honourable Order of Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen' - Maldives highest honour for foreign dignitaries. Proud Moment for the entire country, tweeted Union Minister Babul Supriyo.
"Highest honour PM @narendramodi was conferred with the Nishan Izzudeen award in recognition of his role in strengthening the India Maldives relationship and for being a close friend of the Maldives, tweeted Raveesh Kumar, Official Spokesperson, Ministry of External Affairs of India.
Watch in Sign Language
- Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
August 19, 2019
- Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
August 19, 2019
- #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
August 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
- Headlines August 12, 2019 Priyanka responds to criticism over tweet
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Events August 14, 2019 Unity through Performing Arts
- Events August 14, 2019 Touch For Health Level 1
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Parasports August 16, 2019 Victorious India Divyang Cricket Team to land in Mumbai tomorrow
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 “People with disabilities working in health care inform better care & access” – Dr Lisa Meeks
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 9, 2019
Headlines August 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News