Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
June 10, 2019
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is in Maldives for a two day visit, was conferred with Maldive’s highest honour for foreign dignitaries. Maldives President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih conferred the prestigious award Rule of Nishan Izzudeen to Modi, which is yet another golden feather to his cap. Many people took to social media to congratulate the minister who was awarded the honour on Saturday.
President @ibusolih has announced his decision to confer on PM of India H.E. @narendramodi the Maldives highest honour accorded to foreign dignitaries, “The Most Honourable Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen” during PM’s visit today. Namaskar, Swagatham-Abdulla Shahid, Foreign Minister of Maldives
During the two day visit, Modi and Solih engaged in talks to improve bilateral relation between both the countries in many areas including defence. Modi, who was given a grand welcome also ensured to inspect the guard of honour.
Modi had come to power for the second time after the Lok Sabha elections results came out last month. He has established himself as one of the most powerful and prominent leaders from across the world during his tenure in the last five years.
“Heartiest Congratulations to Prime Minister Shri @narendramodi ji on being conferred with ‘The Most Honourable Order of Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen’ - Maldives highest honour for foreign dignitaries. Proud Moment for the entire country”, tweeted Union Minister Babul Supriyo.
“Highest honour PM @narendramodi was conferred with the Nishan Izzudeen award in recognition of his role in strengthening the India Maldives relationship and for being a close friend of the Maldives”, tweeted Raveesh Kumar, Official Spokesperson, Ministry of External Affairs of India.
Watch in Sign Language
- Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
June 27, 2019
- Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
June 27, 2019
- PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
June 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Events June 27, 2019 Thalassemia Detection Camp
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News