Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
June 12, 2019
The International Criminal Police Organisation, well known as Interpol will partner with a wing of the Kerala Police to fight global online child sex abuse. The Kerala police have set up India's first task force to fight the exploitation of children online. The team will be trained in capacity building by the Interpol.
Guillermo Galarza, an Interpol official, says nearly eight million reports of online child sex abuse have been passed on to India. In 2019, so far, two million reports have been sent to India.
The reports that we have sent to India earlier, never made it to Kerala or any other state. This April, we have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with National Crime Records Bureau in Delhi and we will ensure that the information is dispersed to all concerned states, including Kerala. - Guillermo Galarza, International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children
A senior detective with Interpol, Jon Rouse said all support will be provided to Kerala in setting up this task force. "At the moment, millions, literally millions of pieces of information come to India from the National Centre of Missing children in the US. And at the moment, the leads that might lead to the rescue of a child, are not acted upon".
Last month, the Kerala police had busted a child pornography racket codenamed PHunt. Twenty eight people were also arrested. This was busted soon after the first task force was set up after a training session with Interpol officials.
Watch in Sign Language
- Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
June 27, 2019
- Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
June 27, 2019
- PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
June 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Technology June 27, 2019 #TechThursdays - Sensor-based device Saarthi is enabling blind people to move about independently
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News