Hi Bhavna. My brother is suffering from arthritis. Does this come under locomotor disability?
June 12, 2019
Hi. Arthritis is recognised as one of the leading causes of locomotor disability under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016. Your brother must undergo tests to evaluate the extent of Locomotor Disability. The test will determine the extent of functional limitations and impairments and based on his ability to perform movement-related activities, doctors can understand the severity of disability. Depending on the type of treatment, rehabilitation and therapy will be recommended.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Noted Paralympian Deepa Malik aims to set a record in sea swimming
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Ask-bhavna February 27, 2019
I have a 13-year-old daughter who is physically disabled. She finds it hard to make friends and suffers from low self-esteem. She hates going to school as she feels that her classmates make fun of her. She has become quiet even at home and does not engage with any of the family members. Please help
Newz Hook - Accessible News