PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
June 14, 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given out instructions to his ministers about efficient and punctual working habits in the first meeting after resuming office.
PM Modi met his Council of Ministers on Wednesday and asked them to be at their offices by 9:30 am. The ministers have been asked to talk daily with the officials to discuss latest developments in the ministry and keep up to date about the work being done.
The Prime Minister has asked ministers to ensure that they reach office on time and do not work from home as that may set a bad example.
He asked the ministers to avoid making any travel plans during the 40-day duration of Parliament session and ensure that they attend it. The ministers have been told to help out the new MPs settle in and suggested that there is not much difference between a minister and a MP.
PM Modi also instructed the cabinet ministers to share important files with ministers of state to get better and faster results.
Minsters have to come up with five-year plans for their respective departments and take important developmental decisions in the first 100 days of the new government.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi used to hold such meetings in the previous term as well and reviewed the performances of key ministries and departments.
Social media users have lauded the Prime Minister for asking his minsters to remain punctual and efficient.
suraj kambleâ€ teeted,Reach office on time and avoide working from home to set examples for others... What an intruction by Modi ji 2.0 to council of ministers...
“Very very imp instructions. Let all Indian ministers practice this. 130 cr people of this great nation thank our supremely great PM @narendramodi Ji, for making ministers to work in offices from 9.30 AM,and not from homes. Now under Modi govt, work culture is changing.Jai,Jai. tweeted A Ramchandraâ€
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education July 17, 2019 Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Behavior as a communication tool
- Events July 11, 2019 Ensuring Safety of Children with Disability
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Events July 11, 2019 Swaradhar - Manthan 2019
- Headlines July 14, 2019 6 dead, lakhs homeless in Assam floods
- Events July 11, 2019 Movement therapy sessions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News