Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
June 15, 2019
Pakistan cricket team captain Sarfaraz Ahmed has said that the team needs to improve its play before confrontation with India on Sunday 16 June .
Pakistan was beaten by 41 runs in the match played against Australia making it the team’s second defeat in the ongoing ICC World Cup 2019 tournament.
Sarfaraz Ahmed said that his team needs to work on raising fielding standards as they are not up to the mark and caused the recent match losses. He admitted that the team made a lot of mistakes in the game against Australia.
"We need to improve because if we want to beat bigger teams like Australia and India then all three aspects of the game are crucial," said Sarfaraz.
The upcoming Sunday match is adding a lot of pressure on the Pakistani side as India has never lost a match to Pakistan in the last six World Cup matches.
Sarfaraz added, "We have to overcome our mistakes because India are also a very strong team. We will assess our performance and then we will plan."
The cricket rivalry between India and Pakistan is well known and fans on both sides are eagerly awaiting for the game. Advertisements about the upcoming match have already created a storm on social media.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Sachin is sixth Indian cricket Hall of Fame
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Education July 18, 2019 Mumbai's Wilson College shows the path to inclusion with new faculty member Payal Bhattad
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
- Parasports July 17, 2019 India Divyang Cricket Team is raring to make its mark in first ever world series
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Events July 16, 2019 Living Well with Epilepsy: An Interactive Session
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Inclusion Walkathon 2019 aims to spread the message of a world without barriers
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News