India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
June 14, 2019
Rains again marred the hopes of fans as the 2019 World Cup match between India and New Zealand was abandoned due to rain yesterday.
The match did not even start and no ball was bowled out due to very heavy rains at the Trent Bridge stadium.
India and New Zealand both teams have been given one point each for the abandoned game.
Indian Captain Virat Kohli said, "Disappointing not to get any game time at all but if you look at it from the player's point of view and where the two teams stand, the sensible decision was to not go onto a field where it was not suitable to play."
Four matches have been abandoned in the 2019 World Cup due to rain till now.
India and New Zealand remain the only two teams in the tournament that have not lost a match so far.
"Obviously you turn up hoping to compete but we have been here for about four days and we haven't seen any sun so it doesn't come as too much of a surprise," said Kane Williamson, the captain of team New Zealand about the match.
New Zealand, Australia and India are at the top of the rating table at present.
India is to face Pakistan on Sunday in a highly anticipated match. Both teams are under pressure to give their best at the game.
“It’s been competitive for years, it’s a marquee event all over the world, honour to be a part of the big game. Brings out the best in all of us, said Virat Kohli. He added, “For Sunday, we know we’re there when it comes to the mindset. Just about going out there and having a game plan, executing it.
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Events July 11, 2019 Swaradhar - Manthan 2019
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
- Accessibility July 11, 2019 Disabled music enthusiasts call adaptive gears the next big thing
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 #RareDiseases - Organisation for Rare Diseases in India is out to change perceptions
- Get-hooked July 10, 2019 Twitter hashtag sets off important conversation about worst disability "compliments"
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News