Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
June 15, 2019
Senior actor Amitabh Bachchan has made donations to the families of the CRPF soldiers martyred in Pulwama terror attack in February 2019.
Amitabh Bachchan who is also lovingly called Big B by his fans gave an amount of â‚¹5 lakh each to the families of 49 CRPF jawans yesterday. He was accompanied by kin of the deceased soldiers, and his children Abhishek Bachchan and Shweta Nanda at the occasion.
He shared the news on twitter and it read, “T 3193-hat as said and thought, was fulfilled today; Given the protector of the country what had to be given; Do not say satisfaction, If we were to become an example, we could be cheerful.
“It took a while to get the names and addresses of those that lost their lives, but our efforts were fruitful, even when we had given the intention, and sought advice or indication of how I could help them he wrote on his blog.
A suicide terror attack was carried out on a CRPF convoy on 14 February 2019 in Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir.
Amitabh Bachchan had earlier cleared the loans of 2,100 farmers from Bihar on Wednesday. This is not the first time he has come forward to help the farmers.
In 2018 he had paid off the loans of over one thousand farmers in Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
Social media users have been wowed by the generosity of Big B and expressed their appreciation.
Jasmine Jani tweeted, You are an inspiration to billions of people. We just talk about the attack and feel bad..then go back to our routine but you are a true humanitarian making a difference in the lives of the affected by the attack. Charan sparsh
“Huge Respect and Loads of Love to You Amitji for what you did again for the Farmers and always do for the people...your act of kindness and good deed always set you apart from everyone You are a true inspiration to All , tweeted Ratna EF
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
- Events July 18, 2019 Exclusive Job Fair For Differently Abled
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
- Get-hooked July 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Adults with Autism
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
- Events July 19, 2019 Human Festival - Inclusive Art Music Festival
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Some tips to help a child with Down syndrome sleep better
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News