Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
June 18, 2019
For a person with disability, finding a life partner is not easy. There’s a lot to contend with, both within their own family and outside. An organisation in Mumbai is trying to help overcome those barriers by organising a matrimonial meet up.
Finding a partner for life is a dream many people nurture. Helping to make that come true for people with disabilities is the Tritiya Netra Samaj Kalyan Association . This Mumbai-based organisation is holding a state-level marriage meet on 30 June in partnership with the Young Voices Group .
The aim is to give people with different disability types and varied backgrounds a chance to meet and find common interests. The event is for people across religion and caste. It is also open to people who have lost their spouses or are divorced.
“I have been looking for a life partner for many years no and I am hopeful to find a partner in the Mumbai meet up, says Ratan Sardesai, a Mumbai resident with polio. “I am very excited about this gathering as I feel this such events can be life changing for people with disabilities.
Such meet ups are also open to disabled people who want to make friends and socialise. Many of them are hesitant to step out of their homes and such occasions help break those mental barriers. Akash Nimbalkar, who is the founder-president of Tritiya Netra Samaj Kalyan Association, says the aim is enable people with disabilities to lead a fulfilling life.
Matrimonial gatherings are an invaluable platform for disabled people to get the chance to meet likeminded people and seek husbands, wives, companions or even friends. I hope that the event will bring positive change in lives of people and encourage others to do the same. - Akash Nimbalkar, Founder President, Tritiya Netra Samaj Kalyan Association
Members of the Young Voices Group, sign language interpreters, and volunteers of Tritiya Netra Association will be present to make the conversation and engagement easier. Make sure you register before 27 June. Registration is free for disabled people and costs Rs 100 for non-disabled people.
REGISTER NOW: Call or WhatsApp Akash Nimbalkar at + 91- 9686157148, 8660595778 or Raju Waghmare at +91-7303860960.
VENUE: Cheshire home, Mahakali Kaves Road, Opp.Canossa High School, Beside Secret Heart church, Andheri (East) Mumbai.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
- Get-hooked July 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events July 18, 2019 Inclusive Art : Shifting From Neurotypical Frameworks
- Get-hooked July 21, 2019 The Gopal family worked together as a team to empower their daughter Vaishnavi who has cerebral palsy
- Headlines July 21, 2019 India’s Windies tour starts 3 August
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News