Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Star Indian bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar is the latest on the Team India World Cup 2019 side to be ruled out due to injury. The fast bowler is out of the next two games because of a hamstring issue.
Captain Virat Kohli said this after the India vs Pakistan clash on Sunday. Bhuvneshwar Kumar developed a problem in his third over against Pakistan after he did not his footing right in the run-up. Mohammed Shami, who was not considered for the Pakistan match, will replace him in the upcoming matches.
Slight niggle for Bhuvi, he slipped on one of the footmarks. He's out for two, maybe three games, but he should come back for us at some stage during this tournament. He is very important for us" - Virat Kohli, India cricket captain
Kohli said that "Shami was raring to go". India's next three games are against Afghanistan (22 June), West Indies (27 June) and England (30 June).
This is the second major blow for India after Shikhar Dhawan was ruled out of a few games due to a thumb injury, sustained during the match against Australia. Kohli had said that Dhawan will be in "a plaster for a couple of weeks" but hoped that the Indian opener would be fit for the latter half of the league stage and the following semi-finals.
Both Dhawan and Bhuvneshwar are critical in their respective departments although Team India have enough good players in the ranks to deal with their absence.
With this win, India moved up to the third spot in the World Cup 2019 points table. New Zealand are on the top with three wins in as many matches, while England are second with the help of a better net-run rate than India.
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
- Parasports July 17, 2019 India Divyang Cricket Team is raring to make its mark in first ever world series
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 #RareDiseases - Attitude key when living with Ataxia
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Accommodating Diversities
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Kangana accuses media of defamation
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Some tips to help a child with Down syndrome sleep better
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Events July 16, 2019 Living Well with Epilepsy: An Interactive Session
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 #RareDiseases - Organisation for Rare Diseases in India is out to change perceptions
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News