Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
June 20, 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had called a meeting of the presidents of all political parties in the country yesterday to discuss the plan of holding simultaneous elections cross the country for parliament and state assemblies.
Simultaneous polls was the main topic that was discussed at the "One Nation, One Election" meeting. The proposal was welcomed by some parties while most of the Left parties expressed their concerns about holding parliament and state assembly elections at the same time.
The meeting ended with the decision to set up a panel to that will explore the various aspects of the ‘One Nation, One Election' proposal.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted,Had a great meeting with Presidents of various political parties. Multiple issues of national importance were discussed. I thank the various leaders for their informed suggestions. Here are highlights from the meeting. http://nm-4.com/i3p8.
Off the 40 political party chiefs invited to be a part the meeting 21 party presidents attended while 3 reportedly submitted their views in written form.
The meeting was not attended by a few party presidents. Among those who skipped the meeting are Congress president Rahul Gandhi, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and BSP chief Mayawati.
Delhi Chief Minister and leader of AAP Arvind Kejriwal, also missed out the meeting and the party was represented by Raghav Chadha.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 21, 2019 Sheila Dixit passes away at the age of 81
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Get-hooked July 21, 2019 The Gopal family worked together as a team to empower their daughter Vaishnavi who has cerebral palsy
- Headlines July 19, 2019 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
- Get-hooked July 21, 2019 Negative comments that disabled people don't want to hear any more
- Employment July 19, 2019 India Fort in Kerala to offer youngsters with intellectual disabilities platform to showcase talents
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
- Employment July 19, 2019 Hatti Kaapi's coffee cups bring cheer for many reasons
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News