Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
June 21, 2019
Nirmala Sitharaman is the current finance minister and will be presenting the next budget of the country on 5 July. She will become the first woman Finance Minister in Indian history to present a union budget.
Reports are pointing to some major changes that may be a part of the budget by the new finance minister.
As per reports, the budget may bring tax relief to salaried population in the country. As per some speculations, income tax exemption may be increased to â‚¹3 lakh in the next budget. Currently the tax exemption limit is for an annual income of â‚¹2.5 lakh. The increase in limit will mean that salaried people will be able to save at least â‚¹2,500 more.
The tax exemption limit for savings and investments that are made under Section 80C which is currently at â‚¹1.5 lakh, may also see an increase. Industrial and business sector is also expecting some changes to land reforms, export polices while the ‘aam aadmi’ wants more jobs, higher interest rates on savings and some regulation on the fee structure of private schools and higher educational institutions.
Only time will tell what the new budget holds for the people of India. Nirmala Sitharaman is to attend her first meeting of the GST Council today and will discuss some changes to single point refund system and the extension of anti-profiteering authority among other things.
The government had asked the people to share ideas and suggestions for the budget.
A tweet by MyGovIndia read, "Here's your chance to be a part of the Budget-making process. Share your ideas and suggestions for the Union Budget 2019-2020 with the @FinMinIndia here: https://www.mygov.in/group-issue/inviting-ideas-and-suggestions-union-budget-2019-2020/"
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines July 17, 2019 England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
- Get-hooked July 21, 2019 The Gopal family worked together as a team to empower their daughter Vaishnavi who has cerebral palsy
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
- Education July 15, 2019 Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Skills training programme for people with autism in Ernakulam
- Education July 20, 2019 Updated MBBS curriculum with disability competencies to come into effect from 1 August, confirms MCI
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News