Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
June 22, 2019
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is an ardent practitioner of Yoga, celebrated International Yoga day at Ranchi. On the government’s fifth edition of Yoga day, Modi said that he wants yoga to be an integral part in the lives of poor people too. Over 30,000 people took part in the event atPrabhat Tara ground which was led by Modi. He performed various asanas along with the crowd. The theme for this year’s yoga day was climate action.
World over, the first rays of the sun being welcomed by enthusiastic Yoga practitioners would be a delightful sight. Yoga assures fitness and wellness. Yoga ensures a healthy body, stable mind and a spirit of oneness in society. #YogaDay2019-Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
Ever since Modi came into power in 2014, he has been giving due importance to yoga. He has spread the message of the importance of yoga to the younger generation. In Delhi alone, Modi led BJP government organised over 300 yoga events on Friday.
Modi, who already has a huge fan following, has won hearts with his gesture on yoga day. Other ministers of the union government Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani and Nirama Sitaraman attended events in various parts of the country.
“I compliment my friend @narendramodi for his efforts at bringing our common heritage of Yoga to the international stage. I urge all to practice yoga like me, tweeted Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Saswati Singh's efforts to empower people with disabilities takes off as Nav Prerna Foundation
- Headlines July 17, 2019 England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Inclusion Walkathon 2019 aims to spread the message of a world without barriers
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Headlines July 21, 2019 Indians on board British ship seized by Iran
- Events July 16, 2019 International Autism Conference
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News