India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
June 22, 2019
In view of the war like situation between US and Iran, India has taken precautionary action and deployed warships in the Gulf of Oman and the Persian Gulf.
The move will ensure a safe passage for the Indian vessels that move through the region. INS Chennai and INS Sunayna and maritime surveillance aircraft have been deployed by India. India is also using aerial surveillance in the region.
According to a spokesperson of navy, “Indian Navy has deployed in the Gulf of Oman to reassure Indian flagged vessels operating and transiting through Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman, following the maritime security incidents in the region.
India is currently keeping a close eye on the movement of ships in the Gulf region.
Relations between US and Iran have been very strained over the past few months and recent incidents have aggravated the situation.
Iran has been blamed by America for intentionally attacking oil tankers near the Strait of Hormuz last week. An American surveillance drone was also shot down by Iran on Thursday. Iran claimed that the drone had violated Iran’s airspace although US has denied it.
US President Donald Trump tweeted, "Iran made a very big mistake!
In fact some reports claim that Donald Trump had ordered the military to launch strikes against Iran after the drone was shot down but he took the order back at the last minute.
Watch in Sign Language
- Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
July 17, 2019
- England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
July 17, 2019
- Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Education July 15, 2019 Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
- Education July 10, 2019 Innovative English language skills programme for deaf kids spreads its wings to Sri Lanka
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 A born artist, Mashood believes in living life, king size!
- Events July 11, 2019 Inclusive Art Therapy Workshop
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Events July 11, 2019 Workshop: Accommodating Diversities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News