Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
June 23, 2019
Congress President Rahul Gandhi continues to get strong reactions for his tweet mocking Prime Minister Narendra Modi's New India vision. On International Yoga Day, Gandhi shared a picture of the Army's dog squad imitating yoga postures done by their trainers.
Among those to target Gandhi was Home Minister Amit Shah, who accused the "Congress stands for negativity".
Today, their negativity was seen in their clear support to the medieval practice of Triple Talaq. Now, they mock Yoga Day and insult our forces (yet again!). - Amit Shah, Home Minister
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh also targeted the Congress president. "With due respect to you, Rahul Gandhi Ji, these are proud members of the Indian Army and they contribute to the safety of our nation," Singh tweeted.
After Gandhi's tweet, "dogs" started to trend on Twitter and Mr Gandhi's tweet got over 17,000 likes. Most people were offended. "Do you want to give 2024 on platter again? No lessons learnt", said Prateek Shukla. Another person said, "This is New India where even dogs know the value of Yoga & are gearing up for being useful for the nation by being fit...Sad some people have stooped even below them. Proud of dogs of Indian army".
There were some who supported Gandhi saying, "Why would dogs do Yoga?".
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel from the Animal Training School (ATS) performed ''asanas'' with dogs on the river bank of Lohit Valley in Arunachal Pradesh. The dog squad of the Border Security Force (BSF) was also seen performing along with their trainers in Jammu.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
- Lifestyle August 22, 2019 Kurtas for men - Feast your eyes on some amazing designs
- Technology August 15, 2019 'Smart Car Seat for Differently-Abled' gets a thumbs up for innovation & creativity
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Ex-minister P Chidambaram arrested
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News