Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
June 23, 2019
Pakistan has always been under the radar of international organizations for promoting terrorism. In spite of repeated warnings, the country has not taken strict measures to curb terrorism in their soil. The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has now stepped up to inform Pakistan that they have to fulfill the action plan against terrorism operating in the country. There are many internationally designated terrorists in Pakistan. FATF has asked Pakistan to eliminate them all by October. India is one of the main countries that has urged FATF to initiate this move.
Not good news for Pak. Still on gray list and #FATF isn’t satisfied with Islamabad’s progress on its action plan-Michael Kugelman, Deputy director @AsiaProgram and South Asia senior associate @TheWilsonCenter.
If Pakistan does not adhere to what has been said by the FATF, they will have to face consequences including being black listed in the international community. China, who has always come to support Pakistan, agreed to the FATF.
After the Balakot air strikes carried off by Indian Air Force (IAF) in Pakistan soil, the country has been facing constant criticism by international communities for supporting terrorists. World leaders came together to point out why Pakistan needs to curb terrorism at the earliest.
“Embarrassment for Pakistan. FATF issues strong Statement at the end of its plenary in USA saying that Pak has failed to comply on the action plan against terror funding on its soil and next action (blacklisting) will happen if yet again insufficient progress is made, tweeted journalist Aditya Raj Kaul.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 A born artist, Mashood believes in living life, king size!
- Events July 11, 2019 Ensuring Safety of Children with Disability
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Headlines July 10, 2019 Dhoni is 2nd Indian cricketer to play 350 ODIs
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Parasports July 17, 2019 India Divyang Cricket Team is raring to make its mark in first ever world series
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News