India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
June 24, 2019
Recently, the States Department of United States conducted a study of countries across the world with highest religious intolerance, and India was one amongst them. The study states that mob attacks and violent activities against minority groups are still at a rise in India. Raveesh Kumar who is the spokesperson for the foreign ministry said that the findings are untrue since the Indian constitution provides equal freedom to all its citizens irrespective of religion, caste or creed.
The Report on International Religious Freedom 2018 is available on the US state department website. The study says that even government officials often fail to curb mob attacks and violence on minority communities.
The propaganda division of US state department has again come up with its much celebrated 2018 Annual Report on International Religious Freedom and without any surprise, it has maintained the trend of castigating India for not stopping the violence against the minorities-Mishra Vikas, Twitter User
Central ruling BJP government said that the report is biased and not credible. They even said that this is a personal attack at Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi who won a second term in India. Kumar pointed out that the country has always been secular and will remain to be the same.
“This report clearly shows work of anti India lobby within US State Department which is motivated, biased and incorrect! BJP slams U.S. for ‘bias’ against PM Modi, tweeted Ganesh S.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 19, 2019 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Noted Paralympian Deepa Malik aims to set a record in sea swimming
- Events July 19, 2019 Human Festival - Inclusive Art Music Festival
- Headlines July 17, 2019 England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
- Events July 16, 2019 International Autism Conference
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Employment July 19, 2019 Hatti Kaapi's coffee cups bring cheer for many reasons
- Events July 16, 2019 Living Well with Epilepsy: An Interactive Session
- Headlines July 19, 2019 Sylvester Stallone responds to Salman’s post on disabled fan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News